Yuen Mai Wong – Blog #15

One more week, and the semester will be over.  I was happy to take this class and to get an internship.  It will be a precious experience what I learned from this internship.

I was happy to work with Maggie@MPGraphic Design. I learned a lot of things from her.  One thing that I want to mention is how to deal with clients.  She showed me step by step to how to deal with the client before she designs a logo.  She gave me some questions to ask about the clients.  For example, what is the favor color that the client like?  What is favor typeface the client prefer? Etc… I know it is very important to communicate with the clients.

The first thing, I need to do is sketch.  Sketching is very helpful.  The more sketching I do, the more ideas will come out.  Sketching can help me to come up with new ideas and concepts so that I can solve design problems.  I have learned a lot of things, except how to create a logo and to deal with the clients.  She also gave me the opportunity to learn and improve my skill with Photoshop.  After these on hundred and twenty hours, I feel that I have improved with this software.

This is my first time I got experience working with a co-worker.  This internship was the right place for me to gain experience and to have confidence in getting a job in the future.  Overall, this internship was helpful and improved my skills and I will be keep sketching in my work.