Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry #12

The last time I was at my internship site at City Tech Image & Visual Communications office. I started on a new project, I had to create a logo for the Alumni Associations mentoring program called Professional Development For You (PG4U). The challenge is to make the logo similar to the Alumni Associations logo. I did research and sketched numerous thumbnails.

We later decided, on which thumbnails I could work with on Illustrator. On Illustrator I created several comps of potential logo’s I could use. This way I could see; which typeface and variations work best for the logos. We decided on which logos and typeface works best.

Today, I was feeling much better. I rolled into the office with a smile and said “good morning” to my co-workers. I setup my MacBook Pro on my desk and fired up Illustrator. Mr. Vargas assigned me to do different versions of a logo. For each logo I used either Bebas Neue or the Gotham typeface. I changed the arrangement of each logo and applied color with transparency.

The fonts worked well because they were both Sans Serif. Bebas Neue is a condensed compared to Gotham. We compared the two and choose, which one worked best. The colors I used were the City Tech colors blue and yellow-orange. When I applied transparency I lowered the opacity of the yellow-orange and the navy. The colors turned into lemon yellow and lavender.

As it approached four o’clock in the afternoon I packed up. There were still some revisions that needed to be taken care of. Mr. Vargas wanted me to continue creating more comps.