Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry #7

It’s October 13 and today is another day at City Tech Image and Visual Communications. I’m getting better at masking out photos. The City Tech Wi-Fi logo, I’ve been working on has been a challenge but, the project has given me the chance to work with typography and shape. It’s something I haven’t done for a while now.

I got to my internship late today; I was there at 11 a.m. because my transportation Access-A-Ride dropped me off late. The driver made several pickups, before he dropped me off. I got to my desk and Mr. Vargas came to my desk, to find out, where I’m at with my work progress. I had to finish, masking out the background of the last Hospitality Management department photo. There were two photos; both of them were photos of Hospitality Management students, dressed as chefs with their Professors. Afterwards, I grouped the two Hospitality Management department photos.

For one of the photos; I had to change its brightness and contrast. This way both photos brightness and contrast would match. About an hour later, Mr. Vargas came by my desk and told me to feather one of Professors head a little more. Once I was done; I went back to work on the City Tech Wi-Fi logo. I played around with the letters of the word Wi-Fi and, I fitted all of them into the Wi-Fi symbol. I stretched and thickened the letters so, they could properly fit.

By, the end of the day; I had completed all my work. Next week a new project and challenge awaits me. I am prepared for the next challenge and experience!