Yuen Mai Wong – Blog #1

In the article of “how to get a job”, I agree that most people are poor for their writing and grammar even for graduating students.  For foreign students, like me, the native language is not English. Even with four years of college, it is not much time for them to learn grammar and how to write. However, I think for those who born in the American those who or English is his or her native language, is better for them to get a job than foreign people who come from other countries. I recall me the first day I entered into United States, English was difficult for me. In my country, I did not have much time to learn and speak English. I was a person who was deaf and mute. I could not understand what people were talking about and I did not know how to communicate with them.

Also, in the article it says that the resume, degree and how to get the knowledge is not important and many employers do not care of it, this I do not totally agree with it. If an employer receives hundreds of resumes, I do not think they can interview all of the applicants. They may only choose some of the applicants for an interview. They may choose according to their degree and what information they put into their resume. Even though the degree is not very important, the employer will base their decision on whether they have a degree and skills to get a chance of interview.

Certainly, I agree that experience is very important. Most of the employers will employ a person who has experience in their field. They do not want to train the applicant.

One thought on “Yuen Mai Wong – Blog #1

1. Joel Mason

Dear Yuen Mai,

You are certainly correct that learning to read and write English is a major challenge. Since you are aware of this challenge, I would strongly recommend that you show your writing to a tutor in the Learning Center who can help you with grammar.

Sincerely,
    Professor Mason