NANCY ACEVEDO ENTRY #4

Today is Feb. 16th and I just came from my first meeting with one of the managers of the shop I’ll be interning at. He was extremely nice and explained to me what I’d be doing for them. I will be in charge of the advertising for them, basically on their social media as well as coming up with concepts and design ideas for their shirts ( they have clothing as well ). He walked me through the store and showed me everything they had, I was really excited to be there. After we spoke some more about what I did and was able to do for them, we agreed on the days that worked for me, that didn’t interrupt school or work for me. By the end of our meeting I stayed in the shop for a little while, walking around and looking at the things they had. I went to the back and started brain storming and sketching new ideas for their logo, whatever came to mind I tried to put on paper and I had fun doing it. My next day working there will be sunday (feb 22) and I am looking forward in learning more about the place and coming up with brand new ideas. By the way, it’s called TREAD Bike Shop and they have amazing stuff in case any of you guys are into bicycling!

One thought on “NANCY ACEVEDO ENTRY #4

1. Joel Mason

Dear Nancy,
    This sounds like a great opportunity. Just remember that your readers need more context. For example, what is the name of the manager you refer to in the first sentence? Generally speaking, it’s also better to spell out the name of the month. And remember, since it’s a proper noun it should always be capitalized. Our textbook, Rules of Thumb, can help you with this.

Professor Mason