D minus 48

11/20-11/26

A few days a year, different Disney World theme parks will be swarmed by guest dressed in their Sunday best as people gather for an unofficial event called Dapper day. Simple dress dapper, go to the park, and wander around the park taking photos in dapper clothing! It’s a really nice and beautiful sight because since Disney World has gotten so large and big, the dress code has changed since the early 1970 days.

Then of course, I get visited by more family member as Thanksgiving rolls right around the corner. We had a celebratory meal with jungle explore mickey and friends at Tusker House which became my favorite buffet restaurant as they serve rice and other Asian flavors. Then to conclude their trip, what is now my favorite ride to end any Disney vacation: Splash Mountain!

On a side note, I took a mini vacation to St. Augustine and that snippet will be found on my E-Profile!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to D minus 48

1. Sade O says:

Awesome post I heard Dapper Day was a lot of fun. I am glad to see that you had a blast during your college program. As far as Splash Mountain definitely a fun ride even when you get on without a raincoat in 40 degree weather.

2. Dapper Day is new to me but I am sure it brings value to the die hard Disney fans pretty cool. How do your leaders handle unofficial events like this one?

• Jason Y. says:

My leaders were thrilled at the guests that came to the restaurant adhering to actual dress code. Because we changed the stuffy “formal attire” to a family friendly “resort casual” many guests have complained about the change in atmosphere. Other than the clothing controversy, the unofficial event did not affect business and it was another great day working at the California Grill!