Week 12

This week proved to be very fulfilling as I just came back from volunteering at Kaboom. Kaboom is a non profit organization dedicated to saving the idea of play by creating great playspaces through the participation and leadership of communities. I thought we were going to be refurbishing an existing playground but that wasn’t the case. We built everything from scratch from the ground up. So off we went working as a solid team of a 100 building slides, monkeybars, swings, see saws, benches and even a stage for performances. In the midst of all that hard work, I didnt feel as though I was contributing that much because their were quite a few people volunteering so everyones duties were limited but by the end of those sweltering 6 hours, I felt truly honored and proud that I participated. Kids came up to all of us and made us all some beautiful and sweet thank you cards.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Week 12

1. jbeverett says:

That is one thing I love about Disney, they know how to give back. It feels really food to give to people who are in need or to just make the community a better place. You should be proud or yourself. You did a wonderful thing and the kids thank u cards would have touched my heart.

2. What a precious moment. You did something wonderful for your temporary community that will last a long time to come. Your six hours of effort will lead to endless memories for many young people and families. Did you take any photos to include in your portfolio?

3. PLEASE remember to always sign your work location and casting position. Thank you.