Read and React 3

I have networked with my leaders and managers, just being able to speak to them for ten minutes can get you far! ; Letting them know what are your plans for the future and what you wanna pursue in life.  It feels really good to not only have them listen but they actually seem to care for each individual and that makes us C.P’s feel comfortable.  Over at FWE the management position is a bit tough they run from attraction to attraction making sure everything is alright.

Yesterday during my shift there was a guest situation that was taken care of by a coordinator.  For Mission Space there is a height requirement 44′, we had a family of 3 but the child just missed the height by maybe half an inch, all four cast members outside checked the childs height once again and they all agreed he was to short.  The mother was very upset and refused to leave until seen by a coordinator; the coordinator came out checked the height and said it was alright and let the child inside.

I felt that as a coordinator he set a very bad example for us cast members and made us look bad in front of the guest.  I brought this up because its a side of management that truly set me off track and left us stunned and confused.  I encountered with the guest in the evening because they returned to ride again; this time we had a different coordinator which she asked to see as well and he let her know we weren’t able to allow him in again.  She was upset and one thing she told me was “well then the coordinators need to be on the same page”  I apologized for the mistake and they left.

Besides yesterdays inconvenience i feel my location has a great management team they all work together and all get along.  They all take the time to at least talk to each of us or answer any questions we may have.  The article gives great tips; my first week of training there was a new manager who was also training and after reading the article i felt like he took many of those steps as he merged into his role.

Maria Gonzalez

Epcot

Mission Space

This entry was posted in Read and React 3. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React 3

1. I am surprised that the child who was short was allowed to ride the attraction. You were right in not allowing him. If I am right “Safety begins with ME”. Continue to abide by the safety standards, taking a risk in regard to letting a small child ride an attraction is not worth the possible results.