Halfway…

Many of us are almost, if not already, at the halfway point of our programs. It was not until rather recently that I started to actually get in to a rhythm of things with regard to work, classes, and in my personal life; however, I am finding there are still things that I would like to experience, and accomplish before heading back to NY.

There were weeks, especially at the beginning, that felt like they went on forever, and then others that passed by entirely too fast. Much of that initial excitement has dissipated because it has lost its novelty, and even some disillusionment has stepped in. While creating a routine allows me to feel comfortable, it can also feel ho-hum. I cannot remember the last time I met someone new or did something outside of work, classes, or on the rare occasion, the parks. I know many of the other CP’s are having similar experiences as we simply go through the motions.

It is time to revisit previous goals, and establish some new ones. While I have met some great people including my roommates, people at work, and City Tech CP’s that I did not know on campus, I want to challenge myself to meet more people that I would not normally meet.  This past month, I have had the privilege of doing two meet-and-greets with people who work on events at Disney (event production is ultimately what I want to do) though I want to be able to chat with events people on a more of a consistent basis. I have been griping about not being able to cook (heating frozen food should never be considered cooking!) so recently, some friends and I decided to commit to a new tradition—family dinner. It is an opportunity for us to actually cook a real meal, enjoy “home cooking”, and most importantly, be able to relax and catch up from the week.

As classes wrap up at the end of next month, I am hoping to have more flexibility in my schedule, so that I can finally spend some real time at the parks, be able to participate in Give Kids the World, check out more of Orlando- Downtown and Universal, and make my way to the beaches and Miami. Here’s to the rest of the DCP!

Suzanne

Front Desk Cashier

Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Halfway…

1. jbeverett says:

I also started to get the flow of everything recently. It was tough to manage 40 or less hour work week class and online class, but I know there things I can do and this is one of them. I too have many things to do and accomplishe before I go back home but we can do it I believe in us.