Week 5

This pay is harsh, I have a set budget for food and it gets difficult at times.  The good thing is that my roommates and I share all the time.  I have actually given my self time to go out this past week and had a good time, but now its back to work!

today i had a 12 hour shift, i wasn’t feeling good all morning so I asked for an E.R.  and luckily it was approved! These long shifts are sometimes insane, I’ve gotten use to them for the most part but sometimes i come home drained

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Week 5

1. hsrtyuksel says:

The hospitality industry can be harsh at times. Long tiring hours indeed. As far as budget goes, this can be a great experience and a lesson to learn on how and when to spend money. I’m not saying I am glad the pay is low or anything but just as how we are learning about time management we are learning on how to spend money.

Housekeeper
    Port Orleans, Riverside

2. stevek says:

This pay is completely horrible compared to the amount of hours we work. After rent and taxes are taken out we aren’t left with much, and especially for me since I have my car here I have a ton of more expenses.

3. How often are you scheduled a 12 hour shift?

4. Are you working 5 days a week? When does overtime begin? Do you have time for your school work? Does work conflict with scheduled class time?