Reflective Journal #12

This week was all about new beginnings. I think the rest of my program is going to get better from here. I love my roommates, and I actually had to time to enjoy being to another state and living.

At work I worked the same shift as last week, however the difference was I actually well rested which turned out to be bittersweet. When you are tired you just work until the end. However when you actually awake you notice how people talk to you and start wondering why aren’t we taking the long way to do things. I also noticed that the crazy hours they schedule me for, help me to stay focus on work because since I was more awake I paid attention now to what was going around me. I also meet another CP who is just starting out in the culinary program as working culinary and saw hopes and dreams that I had when I came here. I wonder if they will mess with his schedule like they do to me. I am hoping that working all the different shifts will make me stronger in dealing with working with minimal sleep.

This week is my last week before I have to go back to my classes so I decided to go out with the CP from work and finally see Magic Kingdom since my traditions class. Just walking around the parks, trying the foods and riding some rides made the day-off great. Wishes is the best and the new animations that I haven’t seen before were amazing. As the song played I noticed it was not the same song I heard as kid, it now reflected the new generation who will now wish and hope their dreams come true someday. I may be having a rough time here but I want to keep the dreams I had back in New York, alive. So as the thousands of kids look at wishes and dream so will I.

Let’s see what happens next on my journey.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.