Reflective Photo journal #14

In my second to last week, I got to perform the role of a runner. It was the first time I did it since I was trained on the role. I loved it. The runner is in charge of delivering packages or any item that was not received by the guest at the front desk to the room. Runners are part of the front desk but they work “behind the curtains”. they wear a different uniform and they are always around property. It’s fun because you’re not fixed to the front desk and you get to walk around property and explore.

However, as fun as it sounds, this is a very difficult job because the runner has to carry heavy items most of the time, sort out all of the packages that arrive at the resort, as well as log it into the system so that the correct guest receives it. They have to multi-task. Also if you have a license you would have to sometimes drive to places off property to perform guest service recovery and buy or recover any specific item that the guest needs. The property is large and I found myself to be walking around the area that’s the furthest away from the office. I was running back and forth delivering packages as well as inspecting rooms, to make sure they were ready before they were assigned to a guest checking in. It is very impressive how the runners have to keep doing this on a daily basis. While the job is fun and there’s a lot of flexibility when it comes to moving around and walking, it is still tough and at the end of your shift you are extremely exhausted. It was very eye opening and fun to be able to perform this role this week.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.