Earning my ears and still learning!

Today was the day that I have finally earned my ears. I work as a front desk cashier at Disney’s Boardwalk resort and after two weeks of training both in the resort and at Disney University, I am both relieved and excited. Relieved because as others who work as a front desk cashier/ concierge know I had my assessment and “perfect check-in” today, a “perfect check-in is when one of our leaders (managers) observe you while checking in a guest and make sure you do all of the eight steps of a check-in and make sure you direct the guest and answer any questions they may have correctly. This morning I was really nervous when I first began my shift although I had become more and more confident each day of my training it was still a little nerve wrecking to know that one of my leaders would be observing me at some point throughout the day. Well I am happy to say that I did really well on my perfect check-in and I even received a couple of compliments! I am excited and happy that everything went smoothly and am actually proud of myself. All of my training has paid off and although I may not know everything I know I can always ask questions and that no matter what position we hold, there are always opportunities to learn new things.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Earning my ears and still learning!

1. Well done. Earning your ears is a rewarding experience, it allows you the confidence you need to assist guests and confirms what you know. No, the hard part begins. Now that your tag of earning your ears is off, the guest will expect you to know everything. Make sure that you take the time to continue to explore your environment so that you can impress each and every guest.

What did you think about your training experience?

2. NicoleW says:

At first i was nervous to start my training in my resort, however my trainers were very nice and taught me a lot and answered my questions when I had them. As each day passed I learned more and more and got into a sytem that worked for me. Also doing check ins repeatedly gave me the confidence I needed and made me feel good in my workplace. I feel very lucky that I was chosen for this role and this location. I love working at The Boardwalk and am getting some of the experience that I want and need for my future.