Read and React 4

As a CP keeping the magic alive was more easy for me than it was for full time cast members. Since I worked in BOH (back of the House) we cooks never interacted with guest. For Full time employees it was another day at work for them. They just felt like they were just coming in and then leaving once we were done cleaning. However, as a CP I felt like I had something to prove to my chefs that I was worthy of being in that kitchen. I had to earn not only my sous chefs respect but also my fellow cast members. Once I knew I had earned there respect I knew I was doing something right and I was keeping the magic alive for the guest.

On the Other hand, when I was deployed for the Food And Wine festival it was a totally different prospective of things. I finally got to interact with guest and see their facial expressions when they would take that first bite into my food, see that smile of fulfillment. Interacting with thousands of guest daily trying to keep the magic alive at our assigned kiosk was the best thing to do. Singing songs chanting with the crowd it was all a magical experience not only for the guest but for myself.

While reading “why do employees stay?” Mr.Self and Mr. Dewald believe  that everything in getting to know the employee is through the interview which could be true if you were getting interviewed by your own boss. However, when working for Disney going through the interview process is like going through a placement process you interview and it could be you or them who decide where you end up. It all depends on yourself whether if you feel comfortable or not at your location. When working at the wilderness lodge I saw many people come and go people who cannot take the heat because the work is too stressful. Which was true working at the lodge was a lot of high expectancy coming from our chefs and they was waiting for us to battle through any challenges that came our way.

Having worked in two different perspective of the kitchen being an open kitchen and closed kitchen I have learned that keeping the magic alive was not someone else’s decision. This had to come from myself and how eager I was to learn make peoples day worth wild. Which I believe i did. It is all about self motivation and self gratification because it is not everyday someone is going to come to you and say “great job”. It all depends on your love for what you do.

This entry was posted in Read and React 4. Bookmark the permalink.