Read and React #3

Unfortunately I have not gotten the chance to network with any of the chefs that works for my quick service restaurant. I am hoping that I do get the chance to before I finish this program.

I have not been able to do any management tasks, but I do understand what is needed to enter a management position with Walt Disney World. There is a certain amount of years needed to work for Walt Disney World to become a manager. There is additional training that the person has to do in all the areas that he or she is going to be a manager for. I recently just got a new manager and was able to see him train to become a manager. Mr. Steven spent two weeks with us, it was weird training our new manager. The first week that he was training with us, everyone thought that he was a new CP that was deployed. This week was his first official week working as a manager and he did pretty well.

After reading the article and thinking back when Mr. Steven was training, I realized that he was doing some of the ideas. Start off as an observer, I would see him standing off in a corner just watching my fellow cast members and I.  Avoid cliques and frictions, he will say to us to take the person aside and discuss the situation. As well he would talk to everyone, not just one group.

This entry was posted in Read and React 3. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React #3

1. imatias89 says:

There was a leader that was being trained at my location as well. He had to wear the same costume as the cast members in order to be trained. During his training he did things similar to what the article stated. His training started with regular cast member task. Everyday he was trained on something different both FOH and BOH. Sometimes he just observed what people were doing and guest and cast interactions. He would make conversations with the cast members around him and always come in with a smile and a how are you today? He seemed to keep to himself and not mingle a lot with the other leaders. He seemed very into the training he was receiving. The first day that he came into work dressed as a leader he was still being trained, but to the cast members he was already a leader and they would ask him questions about certain task that he didn’t know the answer to. So in that case he would just send the CM to ask another leader the question in order to prevent confusion. In the end this leader must of done some really good networking that he got transferred to Grand Floridian Resort. I felt very happy for him because it’s a great opportunity for anyone and from a beginning he looked as if he would be a great leader.