Read and React #3

I never had the change to trail a manager so far.  In housekeeping department, we only seem the managers once they were handing out our boards or returning the keys.  Otherwise, it’s hard to look for the managers because they had to checks rooms; especially I worked in the night shift now.  My manager also had to take care of Boardwalk Resorts sometimes, so it’s really hard to see her most of the time.  As housekeepers, I thought most of the things were depends on ourselves.  For instance, we had to clean rooms by ourselves.  If you needed something, you could just call the base not the managers.  Even thought when I done with my general clear, I had to call the manager to check, and I never seem them because I didn’t need to wait for them to come.  However, if the guests had complaints, the mangers would definitely take care of them.

As a housekeeper manager, they were not only responsible for the guests also the housekeepers.  So if the housekeepers needed any help, they should try to help them out.

I had a few opportunities to network since I worked until now.  I attended the housekeeping meeting in the international housekeeping week.  There were all the housekeepers and managers.  We had played little games and talked to each other.  I knew there was a few managers got changed from different departments, such as finance department.  I also attended the other CP housekeeping meeting after the traditional day.  I got to know many CPs who did housekeeping, but we were all worked in different resorts.

It’s good to attend events or meetings because you won’t know which person you were going to meet.  And it also helped the networking, which was awesome.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Read and React 3. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React #3

1. nschloss says:

I’m glad that you were able to network. QSR at Hollywood Studios we do not get to have events like that. I wish we did, only time I do get to interact with my fellow CP workers is when we decided to hang out with each other on our days off.