Reflective Journal #2

During my second week I started my lecture training days, I had also received my schedule for the next few weeks. When I had received my schedule I was happy because I would be seeing the different shifts that would show e the process of the kitchen. The only thing I was nervous about was the time of shifts, I have never worked an overnight shift and I was worried if I would even have the energy to function. Nevertheless my first day of training at Be Our Guest started the day after my lecture training ended, the only thing I knew what to do was to meet my trainer at a white bench. As I waited I talked to other cast members who were also waiting for their trainers so they can start cross-training. This inspired me to know that I could learn whatever they needed to teach me as long as I work hard. As I waited I was greeted by a tall man in a chef coat who took me to Be Our Guest and started to show me around the break room then brought me into the kitchen. I would learn that this man would become my trainer, show me the ropes and how everything is made. My first day was slow and my trainer was patient with me, he showed me how things are prepared and I could find supplies when I needed them. Around 10, I started to hear a banging noise which I would have thought would have been a tram in the oven jammed, but when I went to look, the oven was fine. I wondered what the noise was but I chose not to ask questions because it could end up being the loud dishwasher at the end of the kitchen.

I still hadn’t been able to visit the parks because I had been working and dong others things since traditions. Finally I had finally had a day off and I had wanted to go explore the park. The plan was to meet up at Magic Kingdom on Main Street and hang out and see the fireworks. However what actually happened was I arrived at Magic Kingdom met up with my friend after walking for a while, we tried to look for a spot to eat, and we basically started to freeze because we were not prepared for the temperature to drop to 40 degrees. So we ended up leaving, making my stay at Magic Kingdom a total of 10 minutes. Then we went to Olive Garden and went to the Vista Way clubhouse to watch movies and play Cards Against Humanity with some new people we met at the Clubhouse while watching TV.

Overall it was a good start to working at Disney and meeting new people and I’m sure next week when I have my day off I will be able to go to the parks.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.