Reflective Journal #1

I arrived at Orlando on January 9th two days before my program started. I stood with my grandparents until the day I had to check-in, however my grandfather used to work at Disney so we decided to go to the check-in area to get a look at the location. When we got to the location the security guard at the entrance stopped us and I had told them I was a CP(College/Culinary Program) who was checking in the next day. The security guard answer shocked me completely; he had asked me what my check-in time is, because since many new CP’s were coming in on that day they needed to split us into different time frames. I was shocked to know the amount of people that were supposed to be coming in, which made me both anxious and excited.
I checked in on January 11th. On the day of my arrival my grandparents dropped me off and as I was walking I figured I would try to meet people. Until I heard a familiar voice that called out to me which ended up being a classmate name Pauline who was from Citytech, and had also coincidently had, had the same check in date and time. Pauline is also part of the Culinary Program and as we entered the complex, we were hit with bumper to bumper of cars that were all CPs . as we checked in I found that I would be working in the Pastry department of Magic Kingdom at BE OUR GUEST!! At the time I didn’t know much about Be Our Guest only what I could see of the menu, but I would soon know what a blessing I would have working there. I also found out that my other 5 roommates were already here but not just arriving, the person who helped check me in said that I would he the newest person. I was so nervous because no one wants to be the newest person to a group. After my check in date I only had one day to settle in before I had to start with the casting, housing meeting, Traditions, and then my training started all in my first week of being at Disney. Casting showed me that Disney makes an impression just from walking into a room. Traditions was exciting, and showed me all the possibilities I would have with Disney. My two first day of training were all about how we as Disney will be and how we would need to present ourselves to the public and anywhere.
My journey has just begun and I cannot wait to see what I will be able to do here.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.