Panelist Event Journal Entry #11

It was another productive day after class on October 29,2014. I have finished my week 9 of classes. I went home and was feeling pretty good. I look forward to class every week because I learn something new everyday. After long day of class I was debating weather to cook or get started with my homework. As I walked into my apartment my roommate is excited to share there is an event panelist that create, support and manage special events and conventions across the property. There will be alumni’s sharing their stories and it was opportunity for cast members to gain information about current roles offer career advice.

I thought it was awesome idea and I went with my roommate to this panelist. As I arrived at Chatham clubroom there was about seven chairs for the speakers to speak about their experience. All the speakers were past cast members and started in the College program. It was really interesting and engaging to hear their stories and ask them questions.

One of the speakers who stood out to me was Christy Brown. She is a Wedding Events Manager, creating Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings. She first started in the college program in the year 2002 and went to college in Missouri, majoring in Communications. She works with many clients around the world who have drem’t of their weddings celebrated in Walt Disney. It was a pleasure coming to this panelist, thanks to my roommate and it was great meeting this staffs whom have a common ground, starting in the college program like just us.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Panelist Event Journal Entry #11

1. Ninoska says:

Wow that’s great I wish I would’ve known about this event, its very encouraging to see how cast members started as DCP and work their way up.