Weekly Journal #8

Halloween is over now let the Christmas spirit begin. Wrapping up Halloween at All-Star Resort, check-ins and checkouts were back to back especially for the AM team. As part of the PM team of housekeeping we had our busy days and slow days because mostly everyone is out going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. As the current position I was doing on certain nights I was around all three resorts, Sports, Music, and Movies. I enjoyed seeing a lot of the families dressed up and complemented them, seeing a smile on their faces was an amazing feeling because from that moment they took off they were going to enjoy their night.

During this week over at All-Star Music Resort with a fellow cast member ran into a scary situation. My fellow cast member was doing a runner shift today and while walking his buildings he saw a child was lost right after I heard that from the radio we contacted the managers and security. Right after that I was waiting to hear their exact location until he called me asking me to meet him at one of buildings. When I got there I was the child was scared and crying, as the security an fellow cast member were talking to the manager and trying to reach the parent, I reached to her level and I asked if she wanted a hug because I saw how scared and how much she has been crying. She immediately gave me a hug and I told her everything is going to be ok. After I was trying to make a conversation about her Halloween costume, what her favorite Princess was, and had she had an amazing time at the parks. She started to laugh and smile. I wanted her for a moment not to feel scared, right after that we finally got in contact with the parents and met them right downstairs of the building. I asked her if wanted to hold my hand for the time until we get to her parents and she agreed and we kept talking about Magic Kingdom and how she was excited to go to Mickey’s Halloween party. After she met with her parents she was relived and the security, fellow cast member and myself were happy that we were able to find her parents. This was an experience that I learned how to take care of the situation, as it was my first one.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.