Weekly Reflective Journal#7

Extensions….auditions….extending?

So I have news for everybody! I am extending my program till next spring. But before that, let me talk about my audition experience last month.

Auditions

I woke up early and carpooled with my friend Rahima to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Costuming. It is where the entertainment auditions are being held every time there is an audition event here in Florida. This special audition is only available to current CP’s and they are mainly looking for people with 5’0” and below height, 6’0” to 6’3” tall and must have a slim to toned body type. Good thing for me I passed those requirements off the bat. We arrived around 9am and the place was already packed. I was number 177 and casting directors divided us into groups of 13 with 60 CP’s each group. I see people stretching and talking about their previous audition experience. I told myself they’re not going to make it because they are currently looking for those with height requirements.

We went there not expecting much and not going to make the first cut because we don’t have any theater, dancing and acting background. To my surprise, both me and my friend Rahima got in the first cut! We basically did a dance routine which was easy and anyone can do it. After that, they measured our height and were ushered to another room. We found out that the total number of CP’s who auditioned was 800. I was so surprised and tried to calm myself for the next round which is animation. We basically need to act in a scenario given by the casting directors which is a zoo keeper washing an animal for 30 seconds then switch to an animal being washed for another 30 seconds. It was so much fun and we all look silly which I don’t care at all. I did animate a tiger and we were divided into groups of five in a closed room with two casting directors to judge us. After the animation, we were told to wait for three weeks and need to apply to extend our program.

Three weeks later…

Screenshot_2014-11-03-13-08-25

This is the moment I have been waiting for. The moment I finished reading this email I felt conflicted. Should I accept this role moving my last semester of college till next fall or just accept the role and be adventurous because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me? Although I already paid the $150.00 extension fee, I’m still undecided!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Weekly Reflective Journal#7

1. Kaity says:

Wow! I am so jealous! I wish I can be a character performer too~! I applied for a program extension as well but it seems like the Disney recruiter has never received my application. I am terribly disappointed because it seemed like everything went by smoothly when I tried applying. I won’t give up though because I want to apply for the professional internship or the college program again when I am close to graduating!

2. Ninoska says:

Congrats! I also got accepted to extended but I’m still undecided if i’m going to stay or not.