Weekly Journal #5

After coming back from my trip to New York, I went straight to work the next day and it was busy. It was like the summer time but this time it was 100% occupancy everyday for the past week to a point where we oversold. Because of that it meant we were going to be busy for the rest of the month. As a runner and breaker where we just deliver amentias to the guest was not as busy as the other roles. I was shifting between a breaker where I had one room to clean and then deliver amenities for the rest of the night. As for rooms cleaner we were busy, we have gotten more check outs than late services for occupied rooms. Because we over sold as soon as we got a check out or a vacant room we had to really cut our time short because it was soon enough that we would get another room. Last night I did not get a single check out but I did get more late services with linen changes. As soon I was done with my calls I would go around and help the other rooms cleaner so we can get the job done quicker because we did not know what to expect or yet to come. I was driving through all three resorts yesterday Sports, Music, and Movies. I love working in a fast paced environment because there is always something to do and time goes by fast. Also this has given me a better experience in time management at work, which is a major key in our learning experience. Yes, it was hard at first but within time you get a better feel of things and you will feel comfortable with the work you are doing and how you are doing it.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.