Weekly Journal #7

It was my first time cleaning my laundry and I did it not expect the results I got. I went downstairs with all my clothing and belongings. I carried my detergent and conditioner for my clothing. I stood in front of the washing machine read the instructions above about washing the clothes. I placed my belongings in the washing machine and was ready to the process. I was determined to start and placed my credit card, for it to be authorities. I placed my credit card the wrong way and it was stuck for about 15 minutes! This was so embarrassing and funny at the same time. I tired to take it out but my nails were too long to have a grip.
As I spotted someone going upstairs I hollered over “Hey, can you help me please?” … The person stops and he was a neighbor name Jose. I got to speak to him a bit and he also worked in Epcot in the Mexican pavilion. He spoke about their food and his favorite food was the tacos. He spoke about the taste how fresh the food is. It was a great conversation but also a great friendship built just because my situation of my credit card.
I finally started doing laundry and surprisingly nothing had turned out different colors or shrieked. I was surprised because I thought I would ruin all my clothing but I didn’t. I followed the instructions and had a nice outcome for the first time. No parents involved! I was proud because I learned to do my own laundry. This was a personal accomplishment of the week. This experiment was the first steps of living alone and growing to become a young adult. I also built a new friendship and built a bridge with someone who works in Epcot, near me.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Weekly Journal #7

1. Very Funny, good thing for Jose. I hope your friendship continues and I hope he realizes he made magic even off the job!

This internship is a time of great growth and achievements, even a few stumbles along the way.