Weekly Journal #5

After a month and a week into the program I have lifted my spirits and finally accepted that I am growing up to a young adult. This is a personal growth, and the stages from teenager to a young adult has been accomplished. Having this opportunity to prove to your and everyone else that you can live, earn and survive alone. You can achieve anything, you put your mind to. There is always room to improve and this is the time to correct yourself and do it. It been a roller coaster emotionally but after a few talks to oneself, you accept that you are the writer to your own book. You take the risks an it either breaks or make you.
Within every step comes a new person with new knowledge to pass on. From everyone ,peers, leaders, coordinators and friends I tend to take a moment to think through. A lot of opportunities are coming left and right but the main goal is to graduate college first. It can be overwhelming to be placed in a position, where there so many directions to go. The majority of the times I can get overally excited because there is so much room for growth and to be apart of a company like this, maybe would not come again in life. I learning to take risks and anything offered to take advantage of it.
One offer I took advantage of is the Career Development Workshops. Theses are curriculums of six classes designed to provide information, tools and resources for students. The workshops are two hours long and at the end of five/six you can receive a completion reward. I will be earning the certificate after my six workshops.
The first workshop was Resume writing. It explained the do’s and don’ts of writing and learning basic strategics to develop an effective resume. The second workshop was Acing the Interview. This provide learning basic strategics to market during the interview experience. I learned ways to approach common asked questions and differentiate from other candidates. It was really productive and all the information I learned, I am going to apply. This part is a bit overwhelming but it is a stage of learning and growing.

P1

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Weekly Journal #5

1. It was a great choice to join this workshop, though I am sure it is time consuming it will be worth the investment. If you could, share with all of us what you learned about resume writing. Remember, all City Tech CPs need an updated resume at the end of your internship.