Weekly Reflective Journal 5

This week has been my craziest week yet because I had a 6 day straight work schedule. This was the first time that I’ve been ramp up to 16 rooms on my board with 7 checkouts. Since checkouts takes the longest, I thought it would be best to knock them out first but that didn’t workout because my rooms were on 3 different floors and they were in different sections. To make matters worse, 4 of my occupied rooms were in such horrible conditions that I wished it was a checkout room. This was the first time at the Wilderness Lodge that I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to complete my rooms on time. When I finally finished, I had about 45 minutes left on my shift and I just felt so relieved that all my rooms were completed on time.

I do expect that this will happen more often when the holiday season comes around and I hope by that time I will be able to work more efficiently and be able to work faster.  hopefully within the next few weeks I will be able to clean checkout rooms in under 40 minutes.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Weekly Reflective Journal 5

1. There are going be a lot people coming and staying in the hotels in Walt Disney. The faster the Holidays are coming, the faster people are booking their hotels/flights to stay and enjoy a wonderful time here. This is when we are going to be put to the test to be fast pace and to still create the magic for the guest. We will be put to the challenge!