Read and React 2

I agree with the article. It is very important to have an emergency plan in place for unexpected events and at Disney safety is the number one priority. In the beginning of hurricane season my resort Pop Century set up a sign up sheet for a hurricane ride out crew in which employees get to ride out the storm in the resort while ensuring that the guest are safe and secure. We also have daily pre-shift meetings discussing safety among other things and while being given the tour of my resort they discussed what the evacuation procedures were and were to find them as well as where to find things like the AED and fire extinguishers. Disney even prepares us for evacuations in our apartment complex and in class. During class we watch a safety video for the first few weeks of class discussing what to do in case of an emergency and where to evacuate and in the apartments we have an evacuation map of the complex right by the door. The lesson I get from this article is that in order to ensure the safety and security of your guest and employees you need to have a plan in place and ensure that your employees are well prepared also even if you never need to use it. Communication is key in situations like those and having a plan can save lives and your business.

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React 2

1. Did you speak to any Cast Members who have volunteered to ride out the storm? What does your leader do on a daily basis to prepare for emergencies? It is important to get the Cast Members understanding and perception of their policy.