Weekly reflective journal 3

I started work this week, now I understand why people said that housekeeping wasn’t an easy job, but it is 100% duable if you try you’re hardest. My Trainer was wonderful, she took time to explain and show me every little detail about the process of cleaning the Cars suites. I had 3 days with her , then the 4th day I started on my own with 4 suites, I wont say it was easy but it wasnt a difficult task to complete. I was introduced to the manager and I told her that my major was Hospitality Management she was pleased to hear that and said to network, network, and network! I am loving it so far, there was this one little girl that was walking with her parents through the halls of the resort and she had on some cute little shoes that would light up when she walked, I told her wow princess those are some beautiful shoes, her eyes lit up and she said thank you with the biggest smile. That encounter made my whole day and I’m sure it made hers too.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Weekly reflective journal 3

1. WOW, so much happened in just one week.

I agree, network all that you can. Take advantage of the learning opportunities that you will be presented with. You will not be disappointed. The more you develop your understanding of the Disney approach the more satisfied you will be with the program.

Yes, housekeeping is hard, very hard. It is the interaction that you have with the guests that will motivate you, but know these will be rare. Continue to develop your understanding of the housekeeping department. Since your supervisor is encouraging you to network ask her/him to allow you to work as a runner or at the command center or other area in addition to in room service.

I would like to hear more about the networking opportunities you take.