Question for former Disney student

Hello my name is Laura Chierchia and I will be arriving in Disney on September 2nd.  My role will be Quick Service Food and Beverage.  The question I have for former Disney students is, what was your favorite part about working for Disney and did you immediately enjoy that part or was it something that happened later in the program?

Thank you!

3 Responses to Question for former Disney student

1. Hi Laura!

My name is Timothy, I am a Disney CP Alum of 2010. I too was QSR. Working at Disney is the same as working at other companies in the sense that it has a Corporate Culture of its own. As an avid Disney lover, I can tell you that I have immediately loved working at Disney just for the sheer fact that I got to make my dreams come true!

There was a time later in my program where I felt “settled.” It was a dark time for me because I had gotten so used to working there that I took it for granted. But I walked around on one of my days off and came to a revelation. It was in France in Epcot, I was in a wine and cook shop where there isn’t really much to capture the attention of a child, but I saw a cast member, walk away from the desk and talk to a little girl. He crouched down and asked her questions about her favorite food, then proceeded to dress her up in an apron and chef hat and gave her a whisk to whip some imaginary eggs.

Long story short, this cast member took time out of their schedule to make magic for this guest and I’m sure has become a wonderful memory for them. This was what I was able to do every day while I was there and it helped to remind me why I loved working there so much!

I hope this helps answer your question Laura.

2. Jennifer says:

Hi Laura,
    This is Jennifer Mendez, from your culinary one, and dining room classes. I just finished my internship here at Disney, and I must say how happy I am to see you embarking on this. Knowing your talents in the kitchen I do believe you will benefit in quick food and se

3. Jennifer says:

In quick service food and beverage.
    In the beginning of my program I found my least favorite part was cleaning a room during a serious time crunch, and trying to create Disney magic. As a housekeeper I was behind the scenes and was limited in guest interaction. But here at Disney, sometimes the guest can bring you your own magic. I discovered this one day as I walked into a checkout room and found a note on the table. In a obvious child’s handwriting was a note and a mickey drawing, saying “thank you.” They didn’t leave a tip, but they didn’t have to they had made my day with just this simple act. Suddenly I found myself cleaning rooms faster and I didn’t feel as overwhelmed because I knew that my good work was going to create not just a room but an experience. This is true Disney Magic.