Read and React 2

My job in the college program is a Recreation Hostess as the Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts. Above all that I learned through out training and my time on the job safety always comes first. Because our place of work is outside we are constantly dealing with weather conditions and safety concerns with guests.

One very important and crucial part of my job is spieling guest on safety and what to do on the water in case of an emergency while they are out on the lake. We have a distress signal where the guest will wave there hands over there head and our lake patrol will assist them while they are on the lake. This way guest never feel uncomfortable driving the vessels themselves. Because of the random weather that sometimes hits Florida, our establishment may have to discontinue any boats that have left our resort. Lake patrol is constantly on the water with our guest to protect and ensure safety. If a situation happens such as heavy rain or thunder, lake patrol will directly usher guests back to the safest dock location. It is our job than to compensate for the inconvenience towards the guest, so a lot of times we will not charge guests.

These concerns heavily relate to students such as myself in Hospitality management, because it deals with the guest comfort and safety. It allows me to see how to prepare for any type of disaster that may arrive, without me having to figure it out as it is happening. Its always better safe than sorry. It also shows it takes more than  just a coordinator, manager or leader to instill safety for guests, its completely a team effort.

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.