Journal #4

I just completed my FOH training this week. The FOH is really different then the BOH in some ways it is almost easier. The only issue I had with the FOH was the guests well mainly the kids. Working with kids has always been a weakness of mine and something that I have always been trying to work on. Needless to say I worked on it for the past week. I defiantly felt out of my element out there because it was a new job that I was not used to. I hope I get a nice variation of FOH and BOH shifts so I am able to work on my guest service skills. Other then that I have my last Disney class tomorrow and speaking of classes they start next week!!!!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Journal #4

1. Sara says:

Greg I agree with you, kids are a struggle to deal with at times. It helps to just take a step back and be very patient with them. I also think that FOH for quick service is easier becuase some of the pressure that BOH has is not felt in FOH. Excited to see you in class ! 🙂

2. I agree that a mix of the FOH and BOH shifts will be good for you. Tell me, why do you think your leaders too the time to cross train you? After all you are only working there for a few more months. What benefit does a cross trained castmember bring to the Disney experience?