Journal #16

At the beginning of the program professor Goodlad told me to hold on to the good moments so that when the difficult times came I could  come out of them. I believe i have done that many time during my program because as we all know it not all pixie dust. No matter the role we all sigh up to create magic. After my week of shadowing and training in different position with in the housekeeping department in the hotel I came back to my role as a housekeeper. It was hard that first day back because no matter how good I knew the job my heart was not in it. Eventually through out the day I snap and went back in to my routine. By the end of the day i had a smile on my face and satisfaction that I did my job right. Later on the week I i was told that i would be working on a project with a group call the rehab team recommended by my leaders and manager. This made me feel so elated and lets me know that I’m doing something right, some managers are not very vocal about how you are  preforming. The rehab team are in charge of reforming the rooms that are being remodel. Ever so often the resorts are remodel to keep up with time. Its a weeks processed starting on Sundays where we strip the entire room by 12 pm in other for the constrictors to come in and change everything from the pain to the carpets. During the week we do small tasks at a large scale like hand washing all phones, alarm clocks, and even all three trashcans in each room an entire wing of a hotel. I value every single moment of it and thank my managers for giving me such an opportunity

. This is the old and new rooms.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Journal #16

1. Being chosen to be part of this project is impressive. You must have done many things right throughout your time with Disney to receive this honor. Your experience has been so diverse that you will have much to reflect on and then convey to potential employers. Make sure to include your many training opportunities in your portfolio.