Journal # 12

It  feels really good to do a good job but even better when a guest recognize  your efforts in making magic for them. I’m all about helping those who need me. Last week  one of the new hires in my location got approach by a guest asking her for special touches for their three little l girls. The housekeeper was very frustrated because she did not know how to make special touches and called our leader for help. My leader was in a meeting and could not go help her. She knew I was in her area with eight checkout five linen changes and eighteen rooms but she called me in one of my rooms and asked me to help my fellow cast member. I said of course and made them two bunny’s and a dog for the room. We both were recognize by our guest in our Saturday breakout meetings I honestly did not expect that. I felt a little embarrassed because my executive housekeeper John said really loud “way to go Victoria great team work”. Its not all  sweet some of the older housekeepers were expressing that they too do special touches and  create magic for our guest and they don’t get any recognition from the managers. It felt really unconformable with the change but I’m not gonna feel bad for doing a good job or being myself. The fact was that the guest them self wrote the notes not my manager.  Disney prides it self with equal opportunity and no favoritism or discrimination  against any cast members. This only motivates me to do better because i know i can do it.