Journal # 4

This last week was very busy, but rewarded. I accomplished all the things that I have planned to do. One of the most interesting things that I did was to attend to one of the Disney college program seminar, “Acing the Interview.” It was really helpful and interesting in terms of future goals. It helped me to have a clear idea of how to prepare myself professionally before a job interview. During the seminar topics like, how to create your personal brand, prepare your resume and what to do after the job interview were entirely covered. For all of us, as a college program and future candidates for a professional internship at Disney was a sustainable and rewarded workshop. Besides, we did have the opportunity of getting more involve and familiar with the recruiting process at Walt Disney World. Nevertheless, it was also a great opportunity to network and meet some of ours amazing recruiters, and others cast members that are part of the college program as well.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Journal # 4

1. You made an important and worthwhile choice when you decided to attend “Acing the Interview”. It has proven to benefit many people in the past.

If you would, please provide the top two or three suggestions that you found most useful. We will all be grateful.

2. Victoria Rodriguez says:

Hi karina,

I agree with you. It is very important for us in the college program to attend the different seminars and classes. I think that we as housekeepers miss out on guest interactions and developing skills we can gain while being in the main show, but these seminars help with our professional development. I feel that Disney has a great way of introducing education through entertainment and personal growth.