Journal # 6

This has may have been the best week of both my programs. As I said last week I Was deployed to Electric Umbrella At EPCOT. What I thought was going to be a long boring week working with people and procedures I don’t know, turned out to be my most beneficial day thus far. On my last day at EU, one of the managers pulled me aside and asked me a simple question? “Why are you so good”? I explained to him that it was my second college program and working quick service was second nature to me. He told me that I the next time I saw my area manager Stephanie I need to remind her to meet with me because he didn’t want me to leave EU. I had impressed him to the point that he told her everything that happened that week and that I needed to be better utilized. This past Monday, I met with Stephanie. I was like I was interviewing for a job. She asked me about school, where have I worked before, what do I want to do when I graduate, and what did I want to learn about ODF. We talked for about 30 minutes when she told me that she would be progressing my training so that I can gain as much experience as possible. Ill be trained as a stocker, then trained to work in the inventory control center, and possible as a general teller. She would also speak with the area manager for the flower garden festival to see I could also get some experience their. Lastly she would try to get EU to cross train me so I could be scheduled their as well.

This is everything I wanted to accomplish during my second program all roll in to on moment. I still cant believe it.

One Response to Journal # 6

1. Congratulations on you compliments and accomplishments. Your work ethic is contagious and will help you reach your goals. I am happy that you will be cross trained. This opportunity will add an additional layer of competence to support your leadership style.