Traditions

To be honest, training is a big and the most important part before we start to work. I think my first training class starts on the Disney tradition learning. We learn Disney history by organizing pictures, we list Disney characters’ names as many as we know, we visit Magic Kingdom to experience Disney’s four keys for every guest and cast member, and we have Mickey visit us to know more about him.

Furthermore, I have a complete training in Yacht&Beach Club Resort. In the orientation day and the soft skill day, I have a resort tour which is taken by trainers. I see the different types of rooms, I find out where is market place, restaurants, pools, spa in resort. One of my trainers gives my a tour how to walk to the Epcot and Broadway. I should familiar with all of these because I need provide correct information to guests. The resort is huge, it is hard to give guests right instructions in my first couple working days, I lost my way as well. Once I made mistake, I force myself to know about resort and try to offer exactly right information to guests.

The language is another  key for working in Disney. Our general manager Mim shows up in our orientation day, we are encouraged by her words; even though she doesn’t speak two different language to us, in my workplace there are many Spanish and Haitian around me. One of new CPs says he realizes how important the second language is and he would like learn Spanish to communicate with his coworkers.

I don’t have chance to spend a night in Yacht&Beach, but I can image how different between housekeepers and guests. I see a lot of thank you letters in manager office, guests’ appreciation inspire housekeepers’ working passion, and a clean room, comfortable bed and amazing service make guests come back.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.