Journal # 2

This was my second week in the program, and what a week it was. I started my week going to Disney university for my core housekeeping class. Eight long hours of  information about the do’s and dont’s in the work place and how to make beds. I learn just how in important safety is for Disney. Every class you take or training always starts off with the safety procedures in case of an emergency. It does make me feel better about my work place and knowing that everyone starting from the CEO to the bus drivers take precautions to ensure the participants safety and everyone in the Disney company world wide, safe D begins with me.

This week I started my training at The all star hotel sports section, and to be honest its housekeeping is a very hard job . The first day I felt like I moved muscles that I had never worked out before. The first day I had hands on training with costume was Friday. I was luckily place with a great trainer who is fluent in both English and Spanish and we connected right away. My training has been going great and its easy to follow Maria’s methods while still following the guidelines of how to safely do the job.  Some of my fellow cps did not have my luck. Disney is a huge melting pot, Diversity is also very big here they believe and it’s  proven that people from all over the world come here and feel much better and at home when away from home to find someone to relate to. This week is my final training week im excited and scared and confidant all in one. Today I started my Disney classes and I love them. My professor are incredible people with  incredible background who have walk and done the same things Im doing now and are in the position to teach us now, who also know what it takes to succeed. I am very confidant that i will do well that is why I pick Monday to have both classes and my journals, hopefully it’ll keep me sane. On another  note I receive a big and good surprise one of my managers is Janette  She graduated from City tech in 2010 and also did the Disney college program twice, went back for the professional internship and got hire on as a full time employee, and is now my manager. It really showed me to where I can go if I put my mind to it.

One Response to Journal # 2

1. I agree 100% that Disney is a huge melting pot of cultures. In my area alone we a cast members that represent 12 different countries. I also envy to for having Janette as a manager. I ran into her during my check-in at vista way. You are so lucky because not only do you have a manager that knows what is expected from a CP, but also knows what is expected for a City Tech CP. She may turn out to be one of your most powerful recourse’s.