Weekly Journal #16 – Goodbye Party

Every day I would count down how many more days I have left before I leave. I was so happy on my last day of work, and did not think I would cry at all. My last day was on a break out day. The managers announced the new CPs, but also bid the ones who are leaving goodbye. They gave us goodbye presents, which was a Mickey hat and a hard cover book.
We also gave each other hugs and took goodbye pictures. This was with the executive manager and the other managers from other villages in my resort. Then later on, I found out they were giving out ADOs (Additional Days Off) and wanted to leave to pack up. The schedule manager told me I can’t leave, but as my goodbye present, he would let me walk around and just help out my houseperson instead of cleaning 17 rooms.

When I went into the linen room, I found my usual manager talking to another houseperson. I gave her my goodbye present to her and hugged her goodbye. She told me to have lunch in the linen room later and to not go anywhere else. I thought it was strange but agreed. Also, she was reallly busy so she gave me 3 VIP rooms to clean, but I was fine with it.

At 12, the usual time we take a break, I went to the linen room like what my manager had asked me to do and I found a table full of food.
It was a surprise party for me from my coworkers and manager herself, even though last week, I had a party with the other CPs and other coworkers at Hooters. I was so surprised because I did not think they would give me a party like this. Since our shift starts at 8 A.M and most of the coworkers I work with in my village lives far, they have to wake up extra early to prepare the food for me. My manager, her shift starts at 5 A.M, so she had to wake up at 2 A.M to prepare the dessert. This is where all the feelings I’ve kept inside burst, and I ended up crying.
While eating, they kept telling me how they have always thought of me as their daughter and wishes me luck in my future. They also told me how I was when I had first started my program, and how I progressed to become a stronger woman. They told me a lot of sweet things.
… I miss them. A lot. I will definitely visit them next year.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Weekly Journal #16 – Goodbye Party

1. jbeverett says:

I love how close we can get to people we only knew for a short period in time. the experience you learned you can surely take with you to other places. The bonds we made will keep us coming back for more. Congrats Fiona..!!!

Jennifer Everett
    Goofy’s Candy Company
    Downtown Disney Food beverage/ Merchandise