read and react 5

I have just started my classes about 2 weeks ago. I am taking Organizational Leadership and Human Resource Management (HRM). In HRM class, we have just reviewed the four functions of HRM which are staffing, training and development, motivation, and maitenance. The topic I discussed with the class was motivation of employee’s, how it benefits the employees and  the business. To me, showing your employees you appreciate them and recognizing their success and attriubes can boost their motivation and bring success to the business. Also, giving appreciation to your employees will encourage them to stay with the business long-term. Some employers have more cash on hand to provide their employees with great benefits such as google but for small businesses they can still give reconigtion to their employee that are inexpensive. I feel this is simple idea however many businesses do very little to show their appreciation to their employees. In my opinion, if you treat your employees good they will treat you business good and do whatever they can to make it profitable. This is one of the key functions in HRM because having happy employee allows you to keep your employee longer and be as profitable as you can be.

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to read and react 5

1. Suzanne says:

I also firmly believe that when a company values its employees, and shows its appreciation of them and their work–be it with a raise, perks, and/or verbal recognition, it makes a difference. These employees are more likely to be loyal, want to continue to produce results that warrant more praise, which benefits the organization as a whole. Having a strong company not only makes good business sense, but is just the right thing to do.