Service Celebration

The other day I attended Disney’s service celebration for those of us college programmers who are leaving this month and I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. It is crazy to think that I will be leaving in a few short weeks and although I am looking forward to going home it is a bittersweet feeling because I am also sad to leave. Attending the event the other day and receiving some gifts such as my Mickey ears graduation cap brought forth those feelings of sadness, realizing that pretty soon it will be time to leave this amazing experience and go back to reality. 

On a brighter note, I was super excited that I got to take a picture with Mickey and Minnie in their cap and gowns. I also am trying to make the most of my time now that classes are over, I want to try to visit the parks as often as I can and take advantage of the things I will shortly have to give up.

Nicole Wong

Front Desk

Boardwalk Resort

2 Responses to Service Celebration

1. How do you think your time in the parks will benefit you as a castmember and industry professional?

2. NicoleW says:

As a castmember, I feel I benefit from spending time in the parks because I gain more “product knowledge” and can direct guests easier and better as well as give my own opinions on different attractions and food and beverage locations in the parks. As an industry professional I gain a better insight on management not only from one of the most notable hospitality and entertainment industries around but also throughout different hospitality locations. Since I work in one of Disney’s resorts it is nice to observe how different areas of hospitality functions and works.