Reflective Journal #10

After doing a better job, I started receiving a lot of tips. This week, I’ve already gotten about $120 tips in cash! They also didn’t have to, but most of them would take the time to write on note papers, or even napkins, thanking me for the great service I have been providing them. It really makes me a proud housekeeper.

I know I wasn’t doing a great job as a housekeeper, nor was a I very fond of the job itself even though it was my Top 3 roles that I had chose from the beginning but I’m actually starting to enjoy it. If it wasn’t for the limited time housekeepers have, I wouldn’t mind being a housekeeper for longer. There are the bad sides (then again, which jobs doesn’t have its ugly sides?) but there are also the good sides (the notes, the feedback, the guest interactions, etc.) which makes up for all the bad ones.

I asked my manager how is my performance so far because I want to know what else I can do to improve my evaluation because my program is already almost coming to an end. She smiled and told me “MUCH BETTER!” I asked why and she said at first, I was on the red zone, which means I failed my QA inspections but recently when they inspected the rooms, I increased 39%! I’m now in the green zone. She explained that there are red, yellow and then green. She was shocked that I didn’t even raise from red to yellow but directly from red to green. She also said I was the only one who had such a high increase within a short amount of time. The only problem now is to stay in the green zone!

Fiona
Housekeeper
Caribbean Beach Resort

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Reflective Journal #10

1. stevek says:

working as housekeeper can be very fustrating. I have a lot of friends that are housekeepers and they tell me how hectic it gets because they have a certain number of rooms they have to complete through the day. But its nice that u finally started to care about your job enough thst you like it. You are also making alot of tips, so thats more than i can say for myself.

2. hsrtyuksel says:

I too, recieve notes from my guests about how I made their room so special and their gratitude. In fact it is posted on my leaders bulletin board in her office. Matter of fact last week during break out my executive manager Drew was showing us a powerpoint of what the guests said about the housekeepers and I was listed. It felt amazing to be recognized and appreciated by my guests and managers.

My advice to you is keep up the good work and I am positive that you will remain in the green zone. Continue being positive.

Housekeeping
    Port Orleans Riverside