Extend or not to extend ?

Extending my program is the most recent thought in my head. Balancing school, work, and only work can be alittle stressfull but it has to be done . If I do decide to extend I will have time to really experience the Disney life. I can really  understand the culture of Disney and have more time to explore everything Disney. I may be here during the really hot days of Florida but while still learning how people act during those times. If I’m goingwork with people on a daily basis in the future I need to start somewhere.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Extend or not to extend ?

1. szambrano says:

I suggest you extend your program because you can really get to network more and uderstand the disney culture completly. I am doing the spring advantage program and i am really happy about. However, before i arrived i was scared but now that im here i am excited about it and wish i can extend to a year like some international students. if i didnt have to go back to to city tech to complete one more year i would definitely extend to a year. Also, im really scared about the hot days coming up but we wil be able to get through it.

2. mcompetiello says:

If your having a blast so far, I would say just extend it. City tech will always be there when you get back with professors and faculty members who are just waiting to advise you on what is the next step in receiving that diploma. If you do extend, switching roles may be a good idea to widen your overall experience down here in disney. You may also get new roommates for those who you live with that dont extend.
    It will be like day 1 all over again except this time you know the game and your confidence has skyrocketed.

3. jbeverett says:

Yeah I am thanks guys:-)

4. Great advice. If you extend through the summer you will not need to do anything at City Tech but if you choose to stay through the fall remember to complete a “leave of absence” form. This will allow you to maintain your status as a full time student but you will not need to take classes during that semester.

Also, make sure to ask if you can change your casting position to either a new location or a completely new role. Doing this will help you gain an even better perspective on the operations of Disney. Wait as long as you can to make your decision so that you are sure about what your needs are.

Remember that as you approach graduation you can apply to do a management internship. We have two students conducting the management internship right now.