Read and React #1

Disney’s traditions was an introduction as to what we were going to do and bonding with one another. The importance of the four keys and basics. Four keys are: safety, efficiency,show and courtesy. These keys all intertwined with another and the emphasis they put on to follow these four rules. This is similar to what  Kirby Payne does with his staff members.  He has the new employees and the existing employees. This way both sides can bond and cooperate with one another. As far traditions I think it is the same scenario; bonding with one another and getting to know the location and policy.

In Port Orleans, there is a meeting three times a week in our breakroom. This is the resorts tradition. The leaders speak about the four keys at all times especially safety. They also introduce the college program students to the existing staff so they know who we are and help us out.  Lastly, one of the basics, “go above and beyond” is the most popular in housekeeping. Housekeepers make these adorable “special touches” which are animal designs that are made out of towels. By making these touches the housekeepers give in extra time, effort and dedication to the guests. Which makes the guest happy and they like it. Matter of fact I personally had a guest come up to me and appreciated the fact we did such a great job. And how he really liked it and thought it was amazing.

About hsrtyuksel

I always knew I was a people's person. Always enjoyed spending time, talking to people and learn many new and interesting things from them. Basically, learning and providing them what I know.
This entry was posted in Read and React 1, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React #1

1. Orientation is important in so many ways. As you said it helps bring people to common place. What it is not meant to do is be a detail training session. With this in mind, I appreciate the fact that The Four Basics is introduced during Traditions but I am more impressed with the fact that the Basics are reinforced on a regular basis. This is a fine example of the fact that training should never end.

2. Fiona says:

As a housekeeping intern, I agree with you. The “special touches” are really a great addition to the service we provide our guests. Especially when housekeepers don’t have much guest interactions, we still strive to give them excellent service in whichever way possible and the special touches are great examples of going “above and beyond”. It does not take a lot of time but are able to leave lasting impressions for our guests! Especially for the ones who are staying in Disney resorts for the first time.