Week 1 – My new apartment!

It’s been 3 days since my roommate and I moved into our apartment. Originally we wanted to get a 3 room apartment at Chatham Square but unfortunately all but single rooms were taken. Although, we don’t get to live with different people and experience their culture we still got the chance to interact with them during tradition and training sessions. Sharing an apartment with only one person has its perks. We are able to come to an agreement and decide on things easily. We didn’t have to make a chores list either since both of us would clean or do anything else that would be necessary to keep our apartment clean. We even moved all the furniture around to give ourselves a little more space. Shopping at Wal-mart has become quite an adventure. One would never think it is possible to spend 5 hours in there shopping for house hold supplies. By the time we were done, we realized that we may not be able to bring everything back with out a struggle.  When we got back we color coded every room. My favorite room at the moment is our bathroom because we set the room blue and made it look like an aquarium. We got a dolphin shower curtain for our tub and bought blue equipments to give the bathroom an aquatic feel to those that uses it. Besides trying to adjust to the weather and military time here in Disney, everything else is going great. I get my costume tomorrow and this might be silly of me but I can’t wait to try it on and see how it looks.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Week 1 – My new apartment!

1. Setting up your living space is a great practice in negotiating and building consensus. As you mentioned, it does get harder to build consensus as groups grow but you accomplished step one. GREAT.

Enjoy your new role, your costume is an important part of the process of getting into and staying in role, that is why so much time and effort is put into designing it!