TITLE: Communications Intern
PROGRAM/OFFICE: External Relations, New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Director, External Relations
LENGTH/TIMELINE: Summer 2015; 20 – 35 hours/week
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
See details here.
The Poetry Society of America, the nation’s oldest poetry nonprofit, seeks a highly motivated intern for the 2012-2013 academic year. The PSA internship program provides hands-on experience in the managing, development, and programming extensions of this art-nonprofit, and is an excellent opportunity for a professional and creative individual who wants to develop a career in the cultural nonprofit sector. As the office is small, interns will have the chance to work with all areas of our organization, and thus are expected to express the motivation and readiness to transition from task to task.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- A strong command of the English language
- Proven excellence in proofreading and copyediting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Pleasant demeanor that translates well to phone and office manner
- Skills with time efficiency and management
- Comfort with a PC and Microsoft-based operating system
- Ability to work in both a collaborative and self-managed environment
- A solid literary background, an enthusiasm for poetry, and basic office experience
This position comes with a $750 stipend (split over two semesters). Interns will be asked to give a 10-16 hour per-week commitment October through May. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Brett Fletcher Lauer, the Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PSA will take applications through October 15th.
Brett Fletcher Lauer
Poetry Society of America
15 Gramercy Park
New York, New York 10003
Friend us: http://www.facebook.com/poetrysociety