The life of Brandon

To introduce myself I am a freshman at New York City College of Technology pursuing a bachelorā€™s degree in Computer Systems Technology. Since young I had a robust passion for computers, I would always tinker with my old PC which was considered a relic to all the other ones out at the time. Since then I wanted to learn more on how computers work both hardware and software. I have a very strict mindset when it comes to school and social life. Basically, I feel free to do whatever I want if I have good report card at the end of each semester. I’m not like everybody else who has that set goal in life. I do look forward on becoming an IT Specialist for a high-end tech company such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc.Ā  You could call that a goal if you want, I see it more as a plan.Ā  One of many plans I have for myself, another plan I have is to maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher. If Iā€™m really motivated this semester I know it’s something I can achieve. I also plan on taking summer classes next year so that I can reach the achievement of an early graduation. Thus, taking me a step closer to living a rich and opulent lifestyle in the “Golden State”, also known as California. I want to move to the west coast because I feel as if thatā€™s where all the opportunities are for me, career wise. California is well known for having its vast number of technologically-based cities. Also, because I have dreams of living on Rodeo Drive in a big mansion.

Enough about my academic life and onward to the communal aspect of my life. I live in a full house which consists of 3 brothers and both my male and female progenitors. Living in Mill Basin has its pros and cons. I live near many buses so public transportation isn’t a hindrance. I graduated from John Jay Secondary School of Law, which is in Park Slope. But I feel as if Iā€™m far from everything. I have strong passion for music as well with some of my favorite rappers being A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Max B, Don Q, and many more the list can go on. I also enjoy listening to old 80’s rock and soul music, only when Iā€™m with my dad though. Iā€™m heavily inspired by music because I feel like itā€™s more than just song lyrics and a produced beat. Itā€™s a way of art and thatā€™s how some artists portray their lives, through music. Thereā€™s underground rappers that I listen to daily such as ThouxanbanFauni, UnoTHeActivist, SkiMaskTHeSlumpGod, etc. I would consider working in the music industry if the IT field fails to comply with me thatā€™s the backup plan. Probably become a studio engineer or music producer.

In my profile picture, thereā€™s several high-end tech companies that are well known throughout the world. My intention is to get my degree in computer technology and work for one of these companies. I know I must work hard in college to complete this quest especially if I want to be a computer technician for a brand like Apple. I feel as if Apple doesnā€™t want to hire just any computer nerd, they want people willing to make change to the world, same goes for the other companies.

Some people may get a false idea and think that these are the only tech companies that I would want to work for in the future. There are over 100ā€™s of tech companies I would like to take my experiences to after I graduate college, some not even in the U.S. I just want to expand my horizons and make the world more technologically advanced.

I hope that after reading this you will gain a better understanding of who I am as a person and what I intend on becoming in the distant future. Overall, I am an easy person to get along with and Iā€™ve been told countless times that Iā€™m good at keeping conversations interesting. Throughout my years of college, I hope to meet tons of good people that can benefit me in the long run. I wish to just enjoy myself and have fun all the while working hard and staying focused.