Perilous

Perilous (Adjective) :full of or involving

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/perilouThis word

This word was found in the “A Literary Visitor Strolls in From the Airport” article by Charles McGrath which was stated in the article ” Upon arriving in New York, he walked from Kennedy Airport tot he nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel– a journey more perilous than he expected, because it involved a nighttime traverse of expressways with no curbs”. This word was found on the first page of the article on the second paragraph, last sentence.

When I encounter this word I had know idea what it meant.When I read the definition at first I was still confused but then understood that perilous meant full of danger or risk. So I put the word  into the sentences and understood what the sentence meant.Some people still won’t understand what it means so,the word perilous means it’s basically somebody who is willing to go beyond the task. For example jumping out of a plane is dangerous and somebody who loves the thrill will love the fact that it is dangerous. Certain people aren’t afraid to take risk they don’t hesitate. Another example if you still aren’t understanding the word some people have seen this movie and some have not. The movie is named the “Twister”. The movie is about hurricanes and to sum it up a little the main character is obsessed with catching a hurricane. Him knowing that it’s a risky job is what makes him excited and motivated.