Authorship

Authorship: (Noun) The state or act of writing, creating, or causing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/authorship

“I’d love to collaborate, as long as I can work alone. I Often have felt that way about collaboration. Sure, its a great idea, as long as it doesn’t violate my personal work schedule or on my sense of control and authorship.”

I first came across this word while we were reading this essay in class called Why Collaborate by Ellen Lupton. As always I tried to use context clues to try to figure out what the word meant. Iv’e obviously heard the word author a million times but i have never heard of the word authorship. I split the word in half, I already knew what the word author meant but I couldn’t figure out what authorship meant. The first sentence did not make any sense to me because the author said that she loves to collaborate but she wants to work alone… As i continued to read she said it was a great idea as long as it doesn’t violate my personal work schedule or my sense of Control and authorship. Once i read the word control i kind of got a better understanding of the word authorship. I looked up the word in class and found out that they are very similar and are basically the same. Authorship is the state of being an author. I think that this is a great word that I can add to my vocabulary.