Incremental

Incremental(Adjective) Relating to, being, or occurring in small amounts

“Incremental work on Projects: Each project will develop from a series of smaller assignments. As you complete these according to the project assignments schedule you will post on our site.”

https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/roseneng1101f2017/blogging-guidelines/

When I first came across the word incremental I had no idea of its definition. I did not use context clues. I just stared at the word hoping it would have told me its definition. I then proceeded and searched up the word on www.merriam-webster.com and the definition came up. When I first read the definition I was still puzzled I stared at the definition and had an entire conversation with myself like how are you going to understand this. It then occurred to me you do not understand the word Increments so I clicked on the word and noticed it means increasing. However, I gathered my thoughts and understood the definition. I then re-read the two sentences in which the word was written in. I then noticed if I looked for context clues in the beginning I would not have to search up the definition of the word because the definition was clear. Therefore next time I will remember to use context clues.