Only 2 weeks left! Apply to the CUNY Service Corps today if you have not done so yet! Here is how one alumnus explained its impact on his life:
“The Service Corps laid a foundation for my professional career. I was placed as an intern at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. I had a good experience with the internship and learning from my field of study. My supervisor provided a letter of recommendation at the end of the program which helped kick-start my getting into the workforce while job-hunting.The program made me grow professionally as well as personally and motivated me to do more for the community everyday.”
NIRMAL M., 2014-15 Service Corps member, Construction Mangement Corps Member placed with the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation
Today: Associate Project Manager, Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA-CPM)
To apply or for more information, please go to www.cuny.edu/servicecorps.
- Do you want to get paid $15/ hour for serving your community and earning up to $3600 for the year?
- Do you want to boost your resume and future salary with real world experience?
- Do you meet Service Corps eligibility criteria such as being a full-time student with at least a 2.5 GPA?
Service Corps gives students like you the chance to improve New York City’s future by placing selected candidates in NYC nonprofits and government agencies, where you gain real-world experience while helping your community. We provide ongoing support and professional training every month to help you navigate the nonprofit and government workplace.
This is a one-year program that starts in August 2020 and runs through May 2021. Members work 10 hours per week, 12 weeks per semester for two semesters. Some students may also be able to earn college credit.
Projects Service Corps members have worked on include but not limited to:
- Analyzing citywide data in order to identify the most pressing issues in particular communities
- Helping New Yorkers with diabetes to navigate the healthcare system and gain adequate treatment
- Advocating for tenant’s rights and providing eviction prevention services
- Educating local communities regarding environmental issues and energy efficiency
Past placements have included:
9/11 Memorial & Museum, American Museum of Natural History, Center for Court Innovation, Federal Reserve Bank of NY, NYC DCAS, NYC Dept. of Transportation, New York Hall of Science, NYC City Council, Office of Manhattan Borough President, Teach for America, and more!
The Final Deadline is March 22nd, 2020, which is only 2 weeks away! To hear directly from students who have participated in the Service Corps, view this reflections video (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdI-HiOvDcI). If you have any questions about your eligibility or application, please contact us at email@example.com, 718-260-5846, or visit our office in the Welcome Center (L114).
Please note that the Service Corps is a one-year commitment and opportunity for CUNY students. Past or current Service Corps members may not reapply.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
CUNY Service Corps
New York City College of Technology
Professional Development Center
300 Jay Street, L114
Brooklyn, NY 11201