Check out the article Construction Growth Outpaces the Workforce by Lehrer Cumming, on the increasing unavailability of labor with respect to construction growth in New York City.
About Advanced Testing…..
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. Over 100 students are selected each year for participation in the Ernest F. Hollings and Educational Partnership Program (EPP) scholarship programs. These scholarships include support for two years of undergraduate study and summer internship opportunities at NOAA facilities across the country.
For information on program benefits and how to apply, visit our web sites:
· Educational Partnership Program Undergraduate Scholarship: www.noaa.gov/eppscholarship
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
· Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship: www.noaa.gov/hollings
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
· US Citizen
· 3.0 GPA (Hollings) or 3.2 GPA (EPP)
· Full-time second year student at an accredited four-year undergraduate program or third year student at a five-year undergraduate program; community college or transfer students must provide proof of application to a four-year institution when applying for the scholarship and submit proof of acceptance prior to starting the program
· Majoring in NOAA mission disciplines, including but not limited to: atmospheric science, biology, cartography, chemistry, computer science, education, engineering, environmental science, geodesy, geography, marine science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physical science, photogrammetry, physics, etc.
· Enrolled at a Minority Serving Institution (EPP Scholarship only)
For further information, contact the Office of Education Scholarship Programs at: StudentScholarshipPrograms@noaa.gov or (301) 628-2913
CUNY is hiring students like you to educate, engage, and mobilize people to complete the census. We are looking for driven, hard-working people who are enthusiastic and comfortable talking to their neighbors, friends, family, and other students. This is an opportunity to build your communication, teamwork, leadership, and problem solving skills. Census Corps students earn $15 per hour and work approximately 12 hours a week for between 5 to 7 months starting in the spring 2020 semester
Applications are due Thursday, November 14 at 5 PM
To be eligible for CUNY Census Corps, you must:
- Be matriculated in a CUNY degree program in fall 2019 and plan to re-enroll in spring 2020
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) and ate least 12 college credits at the end of fall 2019
- Have the required documentation to work in the United States
- Be committed to working through June 2020
- Be interested in serving as a CUNY ambassador in a setting that requires professional behavior
Apply here: https://cunysud.formstack.com/forms/censuscorps
The long-awaited second coming of the Faculty Face-Off Design Series is here with a spooky battle royale illustration draw-off! Professor Neugeboren and Professor Woolley throw down on Thursday 10/31 at 12:45-2pm in P114.
Students determine who reigns supreme by grading the professors. You can’t miss this Halloween treat! All are welcome, and in costume if you dare!
Walker Ridge Construction was founded two decades ago to provide general contracting services in the development and build-out of residential and commercial properties and spaces. In just over a decade the company has become a leading choice of New York City’s most discerning owners and architects.
Now as they are looking to expand our operations in the private and in the public sector and seeking to take on more projects, they are looking for a motivated intern to help out their estimating department.
Required tasks including but not limited to:
- Internet based search for bid opportunities;
- communicating with architectural firms;
- studying and analyzing architectural, structural, MEP drawings and scope descriptions;
- takeoffs using PlanSwift software;
- reaching out to suppliers and subcontractors.
They are offering a part time, possibly compensated opportunity.
The ideal candidate already completed or has ongoing coursework related to construction management, construction estimating or construction administration.
Interested candidates please email your resume to Zsolt Rozsavolgyi at firstname.lastname@example.org