Learn about: Changing material costs for 2020 and how this volatility impacts projects. 15 minute video webinar.
Access free content (with sign in): here
Summary: Construction cost changes are inevitable. In fact, from 2019 to 2020, 34% of construction costs have changed by more than +/- 5%. This cost volatility is enormous for the people who plan, finance, build and maintain the facilities and infrastructure communities depend on. It’s vital these professionals understand how and why construction costs have changed over the last year.
Watch this on demand webinar to hear two of the minds behind Gordian’s RSMeans data discuss how the costs of steel, concrete and wood will change in 2020. They’ll also discuss why construction costs change, a few additions to RSMeans data for 2020 and more!
Research company ahead of time: https://www.ostroffelectric.com/
Applications to: See contact information below.
Job posting: Ostroff Electrical Contractors is looking for a highly organized junior estimator/ project manager responsible for analyzing project plans and specifications to determine the overall estimated cost of a project; skilled at both quantity take-off and conceptual estimating with mandatory experience in architectural & electrical work experience.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing project drawings and specifications, CAD (Working knowledge of adobe and excel)
- Prepare complete takeoff.
- Work with chief estimator to create detailed cost estimate based on project scope.
- Develop the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Help the chief estimator to optimize job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for material/services.
- Interface with Owners, Superintendents and construction foremen to provide engineering and cost data for project scope and change order preparation. Attend walk-through and meetings where needed.
- Maintain file of working documents as back-up for estimating database, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc
- Must be a team player with a can do attitude and can relate well to others
- AutoCAD Drafting ability/ knowledge
Ostroff Electrical Contractors Inc.
102-15 159th Road, Howard Beach, NY, 11414
OFFICE (718) 323-5200 Ext 108
Fall 2020 applications for graduate study in Civil Engineering in Iowa State University are being accepted!
Below are the available department and programs:
· CCEE Graduate Prospective Student information
· ISU CCEE Research Opportunities
· ISU CCEE Faculty by Focus Area (faculty profiles)
· CCEE Graduate Admission Requirements
Interested students can apply at no cost using the CCEE Preapplication. Should they qualify for our graduate programs after a preapp review, we will encourage them to complete the full Admissions application (that app does have a fee).
Applicants interested in on-campus MS or PhD programs who have successfully completed an ISU Admissions app by January 15, 2020 will be invited to the ISU CCEE Prospective Student Weekend, March 5-7, 2020. Selected applications will be provided free travel and lodging for this event.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Professor Anne Marie Sowder at email@example.com or Dawn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Solar Green Energy- an energy company located in New York that grew tremendously in the past six months since the laws of solar and better rebates converting buildings to LED, is currently looking for good interns and full-time job as a LeD lighting installer.
The projects are mostly located in New York City.
Visit company website to know more: https://www.sologreenenergy.com
If interested, contact Esther Rein at email@example.com
Apple Restoration & Waterproofing – a Construction company with over 30 years of business is seeking a recent graduate with a 30 Hr OSHA card for full-time Project Manager position.
- Soliciting, estimating, bidding and procuring of projects.
- Interfacing with customers for their assigned projects.
- See that submittals, tests, mock-ups, and approvals are completed properly and efficiently.
- Overall responsibility for planning and monitoring of project schedules.
- Visit projects on intermittent basis, or as needed, and remain in touch with the ongoing site. conditions and the progress of the project.
- Review and track costs throughout the project.
- Manage the successful completion of every job.
Salary to be discussed. If interested, please send resumes to Lauren Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apple Restoration & Waterproofing
61 Jefferson Street
Brooklyn, NY 11206
SHPE-NYC Latinos in Sustainability group demonstrates SHPE-NYC and its leadership’s commitment to a sustainable future through innovative engineering, collaborative forums and education.The goal is to nurture and grow a community within SHPE that strives for a sustainable world. SHPE will continue to grow their Sustainability focused programming with Technical Presentations, Guest Speakers and Networking events and now a Fellowship Program!
About the Latinos in Sustainability Fellowship Program
The Latinos In Sustainability Fellowship Program will provide a selected student with a semester long hands-on experience in leadership and coordination around sustainability. The student will assist the program lead and other professionals on the team to:
- Promote Latinos In Sustainability and SHPE’s mission
- Coordinate events and collaborate with partners
- Strategize around workforce collaboration
- Organize training opportunities for our community
The fellowship will have a stipend for $500 and will expect 3-4 hours of work per week, over the course of a semester, in partnership with the program lead and other professionals on the team. There will also be a mandatory virtual weekly check-in and 2-3 in person check-ins.
If interested please submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working in sustainability and in a leadership role in SHPE. Please submit this to email@example.com by December 9th.
If you have any questions regarding the role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.